Weekend: Saturday Noon -
7:00AM Monday morning
Holidays: Open 24 hours
Bufo Toads are commonly found in central Florida including Pinellas, Pasco, and Hillsborough Counties. Bufos can kill your dog. These toads are often large and can grow to the size of a dinner plate. They have glands on the side of their heads that secrete a toxic substance. If your dog touches the toad with his mouth, he can die from the toxins in a matter or hours or sometimes even minutes.
A common victim is the terrier breed, such as Yorkshire or Jack Russell Terriers. Signs that your dog has been poisoned by a Bufo include:
Then immediately take your pet to your veterinarian, since Bufo toad toxicity is potentially fatal.
On evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, call Animal Emergency at 727-786-5755.
The information provided on this site is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace professional care from your veterinarian.